Dr. Shantala Vishwasa
Lecturer - Head of the Department, Sanskrit
4 years Experience in Canara College.
- M.A. in Sanskrit
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) (A Study of Ushaharana Mahakavya, written by Trivikrama Pandita)
- Vidwat in Alankara Shastra
- Area of Specialization : Alankara shastra
- Lecturer at University College, Mangaluru, 1 year (2011 – 2012)
- Training Incharge at Samskrita Bharati, Rastreeya Sanskrit Sasthan, New Delhi, 14 years (2001 – 2015).
Publications and Research
- Kreedavallee – ISBN 978-81-87276-38-X
- He Manah, Samaashvasitu – ISBN 978-81-87276-28-2
- Agastya – ISBN 978-81-87276-64-9
- Ushaharanam – ISBN 978-93-81160-63-3
- Bhagavan Parashurama – Part -1 ISBN 978-93-81160- 86-2
- Participated and Presented a Research Paper on “Role of Gangadevi in Sanskrit Literature. ” in National Level on a conference namely, “The Role of women as Reflected in Sanskrit Literature’” Organized by “Karnataka Sanskrit University” on 18th ,19th and 20th September 2014.
- June 1st to 8th 2013 – Attended as a Resource person at a National Level Training Camp for Samskrit teachers, (8 days) held at Ahmedabad, Gujarath organized by Rastriya Samskrit Samsthan, New Delhi.
- National Level Training Camp for Samskrit teachers, attended as a resource person from 1st to 10th April 2011 held at Gowahati , Assam conducted by Rastriya Samskrit Samsthan, New Delhi.
- Attended B.O.S. Meeting in S.D.M. College Ujire on 13th Aug 2014.
- Attended Syllabus Workshop on July 5th 2014 in P.P.C Udupi
- Co-Ordinator in Samskrita Bharati Mangalore Branch
- Resource person at a National Level Training Camp for Samskrit conducted by Rastriya Samskrit Samsthan, New Delhi
- Incharge of all the courses conducted by Sri Surasarasvati Sabha Shringeri, Bangalore (Prathama, Dwiteeya, Truteeya, Tureeya etc.)
- Incharge of all the courses conducted by Rastriya Samskrit Samsthan, New Delhi (Prathamadeeksha, Dwiteeyadeeksha.. etc.)
- Prepared and directed dramas for All India Radio.
- Teaching Samskrit language through All India Radio.
- Assisted in producing 125 episodes of Samskrita Bhasha Shikshanam Tele lessons produced by Rashtriya Samskrita Samshtana. (Gyanadarshan & DD Bharati Chanels)
- Wrote an article in newspaper Kannada Prabha achievement of Karnatak Sanskrit Vishvavidyala are preparation and publication of attractive text books.