What Is Youth Red Cross (YRC)?
"The Youth Red Cross" is the part and parcel of its mother organization, Indian Red Cross Society. It is a group movement organized for students of the age group 18-25 years. Both male and female students can join the Youth Red Cross irrespective of their streams.MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE YOUTH RED CROSS
The Indian Red Cross Society, is organized-for the purpose of inculcating in Indian Youth the Ideal and practice of service especially in relation to:
- Taking care of own health and that of others
- Understanding and accepting of civic responsibility
- Maintaining a spirit of friendliness and helpfulness towards other youth in India and all over the world
- Dissemination of the Red Cross Movement
YRC PLEDGE "I pledge myself to take care of my own health and that of others to help the sick and suffering, especially children and to look upon all over the world as my friends"
PRINCIPLES OF YRC
- HEALTH- Protection of health and life
- SERVICE- to the sick and suffering
- FRIENDSHIP- Promotion of National and international friendship to develop the mental and moral capacities of the youth.
YOUTH RED CROSS WING OF OUR COLLEGE
During the academic year 2019-20, 48 students have enrolled themselves as YRC Volunteers.
Staff Conveners: Mrs. Smitha M. & Mrs. Roopashri K.P.
Student Officials: Neha, II B.Com. C Apoorva S Rao, I B.Com. C